Thursday, October 26, 2006

Quick, boring bullet update!

Well then. Things are hectic here, so this will definately be what the title suggests!

  • I started the new job on Monday...love love love it! The other nurses/MA's that I work with are all very nice, but honest...like if something is pissing them off about one of the docs they don't hesitate to vent for a few secs...which is nice, good to know that they will let you know if something is bothering them and not just act all bitchy!
  • On Monday, in addition to starting my new job, I received an email requesting a third/final interview with the pediatric/pedialist group I interviewed with in September. They want to go over benefits, etc...WTF? I went ahead and set up the meeting for 9am Monday (don't have to be to work until 12pm), but what is your opinion? If they offer better money/benefits how much of an ass would I look like? It is about a 20 minute longer commute. The family medicine group I started with also sees kids so I am still involved with pediatrics, but not exclusively (which can be nice!) and we see such a variety of things that it is always interesting. WHY did they wait so long to call?
  • Matthew had his field trip yesterday to an apple orchard/nature preserve. Henry was a chaperone and took pics (one of the moms asked him how he had remembered the camera as even she had forgotten...Henry replied that if he hadn't remembered to get pictures so I could scrapbook Matthew's first field trip that he might wind up divorced!) LOL. Hmmm, maybe?
  • I am tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired. This new job is taxing, 9hours a day on your feet constantly. Better lose some weight!

Ok, I guess that is it. Except Matthew is over his bug...he stayed home Monday with a fever still, but Tuesday/Wednesday were fine. He is sitting here eating a bowl of cereal trying to put off having to get dressed for school today. Ok, I am off to work. Everyone have a great day....I will post pics soon of the field trip!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

More money is always good however having a job you really like is even better. Good Luck!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

They are contacting you NOW about an interivew back then? What? Hmmm... I dunno, the commute might do it for me, but you gotta do what feels right. never hurts to talk to them, right?

7:11 PM  
Blogger onefootinfrontoftheother said...

I would stay where you are. If this peds group can't manage to be organized enough to contact you in a timely manner... you don't want to be stuck working for a place with such poor intra-communication/ public communications skills. Plus, I think the variation will keep the job more interesting!

11:08 AM  
Blogger onefootinfrontoftheother said...

I would stay where you are. If this peds group can't manage to be organized enough to contact you in a timely manner... you don't want to be stuck working for a place with such poor intra-communication/ public communications skills. Plus, I think the variation will keep the job more interesting!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home