Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fire Station Open House!

Tonight was open house at our local fire department. Matthew had a great time. I on the other hand suffered the entire time. I was hit by a train last night....a head cold like I have never had. Around midnight I decided I was dying. So, today of course with all the smoke from the fire extinguishing lesson and the dust, etc....yeah, real fun. But, as long as the little man had a good time that is all that matters. The pictures suck, I take full responsibility for that. I don't recommend popping 2 Benadryl and then trying to keep a steady hand for photos! LOL.


Loving sitting in the fire truck!

Fire Station's in NewEngland just seem so much

prettier than in the midwest....is it just me?

Fire Extinguisher Practice

Sitting on the side of the ladder truck

He loved this truck.
Local mom learning to use extinguisher.
Blurry, but fun...they practiced aiming the

hose at a Little Tikes Play House, Matthew wanted

to know if he could do that to his at home...ummm, no.

Ladder truck

Pretty night for a short walk to the Fire House.

Beautiful Memorial to Fallen Fire Fighters.

Fire fighters hold a special place in my heart. My father (the one who doesn't speak to me, but we all know about that after my raving post a while back!) is the Fire Inspector in Manhattan, KS after working his way up from a volunteer fireman in a tiny town many years ago. My favorite uncle (Hi Uncle Pat!!) is the Fire Chief is Cherokee Springs, SC (gotta go there...haven't seen him since 2001!!!). So many of my friends growing up were volunteer fireman/EMT's when I was a nurse in a tiny town right after college. Miss those guys....never met a better group of men than fire fighters! Hearts of gold...so thank you to all firemen for doing what you do, and risking your lives to protect ours! God bless.

6 Comments:

Blogger katertoter said...

Wow, that fire station looks so cool. Must have been hard being so sick but so sweet of you to take him.
~katie

8:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was just wondering where the pictures of the hot firemen were...

9:54 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks for the compliment on my baby. Your little boy is so cute, I can't believe in 5 years mine will be that big! Looks like he had a great time!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Looks like alot of fun. Sorry about the head cold.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

My grandather (paternal) was a fireman also. Cool.
Glad y'all had a good time. It looks and sounds so quaint! I heart it!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I'm with TKW.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home