Friday, October 06, 2006

In a funk...


Sorry I have been so absent lately. I have been in a personal and blogging funk. Not working very much as shifts are hard to come by, which puts a strain on the finances, but hey, gotta keep the faith.

On the flip side, Matthew got in trouble at Kindergarten yesterday. A little girl in his class got a new hair cut and Matthew pointed at her and said, "Look, Phaley got a new haircut. Isn't it atrocious?" ATROCIOUS? Yeah, I questioned him on that one....seems he hasn't a clue what it means. So, he apologized to Phaley this morning and all is well.

They are learning about the food groups in a cool way.... hence the lovely picture (we all know that blogs with pictures are better, right? LOL). Anyway, the teachers are teaching them three groups: GO foods, SLOW foods, and WHOA foods. GO is obviously the fruits and veggies. SLOW is pastas, breads, red meats, etc... WHOA is cake, candy, ice cream. It is working well, as Matthew will frequently tell me the snack that I send for him is a SLOW food (cheese and crackers) and request a GO food such as grapes and apples. Cool by me. Doesn't seem to be slowing down his requests for WHOA foods, but I can now remind him that a better option would be a GO food and he seems to go for it! Yeah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I think the Go, Slow & Whoah is a very neat concept! I have to remind myself of the Whoah foods too. Unfortunately they are my favs.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home