Friday, March 09, 2007

For The Love of Bunny!



Matthew has been having bad dreams regarding my surgery today. He has recurringly dreamed about me dying, or not waking up. Last night I ran to Bor*der's book store to buy some post-surgery recovery books, and they had a cute little brown and white soft, cuddly Easter Bunny as a promotional thing. I got it for Matthew. Spur of the moment, I told him it was a magical bunny to take away bad dreams and make sure I made it through surgery all right. He named the bunny Tuxedo (so cute!) and kept him near him all evening. He slept with the bunny last night, and this morning when I got up Matthew was sitting in my recliner watching cartoons hugging the bunny tight. I asked him if he slept good, and he said, "Of course, Tuxedo took away all the bad dreams...he's good like that!" Gulp...giggle, snort. Gah. Ladylike of course! Then I hugged him up and told him I was going to be just fine today. He said, "You don't have to tell me that Mom, Tuxedo already told me you'd do great!" Sigh. I love that little boy.

We head to the hospital later this morning....I was told to arrive at 10:45am. Surgery is booked for 12:15pm. It is expected to last two hours or slightly more depending on how much endometriosis he is able to get out. Big thank you to my SIL Roxanne for taking on the boy today....seeing as how my MIL flaked out on me yet again. It is more important to do some baking for the neighbor who is in a coma in the hospital...yes, important, but more important than your grandson having a safe, warm environment while his mother is undergoing the knife? Yes, I know, just call me drama queen. Anyway, thanks to Roxy for taking Matthew for the day despite having her own 2 year old girl, a 3.5 year old girl, and having a friend's children coming over: 3.5 year old boy, a 6 year old girl and a 4 month old little boy. Luckily the baby and the little girl won't be there until their mom arrives with them after school! So, hopefully my SIL will survive the day! YIKES. OK, I'm off to the hospital shortly...wish me luck!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Bless his heart!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home