Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Surgery Surgery Surgery

Well, considering I am a nurse, I do not make a very good patient. I am having surgery on Friday to remove a ton of endometriosis and today after an ultrasound it was decided it will also be necessary to remove my left ovary. Oh well...removed the left fallopian tube 2 years ago, so why do I need that ovary. Then, I will do one injection of chemo per month for 6 months to stop the growth of any endometrial cells. Can we say hello hot flashes? This will put me into immediate menopause for the 6 months in hopes of stopping the progression of my severe endometriosis. Sounds like fun you say? Care to join me? Seriously, I went to bed at a little before 10pm, and woke up at midnight. Can we say, me no sleepy while worrying about surgery? Those two hours come after doubling my sleeping pill for the night too. Rozerem....you suck. Just took an Ambien CR, and it isn't doing a thing for me. I am such a sucky patient.

In other news....this switch to beta blogger, well, it bites. I have been trying to log in since Sunday night, and it is so damn slow I never made it to the log in. Anyone else have these problems? Might be that I have to join the rush to vacate the premises to go on over to wordpress or something. I don't know. What do you think?

Matthew was sick all weekend with a fever of 103-104*, crabby ass, runny nose, cough, nightmares, goopy sinus drainage, goopy eye drainage. Made an appointment to take him to the ped today, but cancelled it because he didn't run the fever Monday morning, and seemed better. Thought (big mistake...don't do the thinking thing) it was a virus and it was passing. By 4:45pm (15 minutes before the peds office closed) he was 103* again. Shoot. But, he had no other symptoms. Tylenol and it came down. I am such a bad mom, I am sending him to school in the morning if he is fever free. If his fever only spikes after 4pm, he will be home from school. I used to worry about infected his classmates, but have since decided those little, ummm, darlings are the ones that gave it to him anyway, right? Right.

Ok, well, off to see if this damn beta will actually post this. Crossing my fingers, eyes, toes, legs, you get the drift.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

..."removed the left fallopian tube 2 years ago, so why do I need that ovary."

OK...if I recall the fallopian tube connects the uterus and ovary, right? So like is your ovary just floating around in space in there? I misses anatomy class in medical school.

As you know I switched to Word Press...I was in the pissied mood for about the first four days. I'm just now coming out of the funk and getting to know my new home...it's hard to reprogram my head...it does have some good features though. I need to figure them all out but so far things are going well.

2:28 PM  
Blogger MommyOutOfControl said...

LOL...the fallopian tube doesn't actually touch either the ovary or the uterus, they just are a pathway to each other. Make sense? No, not to me either in A&P class...it is actually that which makes ectopic pregnancies possible....because the ovary isn't connected to the tube, the egg can "escape" and go outside the tube. So, in a way my ovary is "floating around in space" but in actuality there is no space in your body...tendons, ligaments, fluids connect everything together. Make sense now? Nope to me either! LOL>Dr. asked if I wanted him to tie the right tube since we pretty much can't have children anymore without heroic efforts....I said no, not quite ready at 31 to do that. Why? No clue.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Poor sweetie. Hope he is feeling better. Glad to see you again!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the Nurse (same as MommyOutOfControl ?) I do my part in keeping my three kids home for the 24 hour period after they have had a fever. Yeah I'm damn mad that someone else sent their kid to school sick, but that's no excuse to send mine and chance getting more kids sick. Two wrongs don't make a right.

--Mom of 3

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home