Sunday, December 03, 2006

Matthew's First Checklist!


OK, so it may be little known fact outside my circle of family and close friends, but I am a neurotic list maker! I make lists for everything...seriously. So, imagine my feelings when Matthew brought me a list he had made yesterday while I was digging out the Christmas decorations! *snicker* This is his list, which I scanned and added to. First is obviously that he wants to decorate the Christmas Tree. Next, is the tree skirt. I have to laugh because it is obviously round, and those small circles represent Santa's face that encircles it. I laid it in about 5 different spots yesterday to figure out where I wanted to put the tree this year. I guess that's why that one is checked off! Next is decorate his table, which is his small table that he does art work at, and eats at when he's just snacking. Next is make his bed, which he did. Then comes decorate the dining room table, and look he even included the chairs. Last in that column is decorate Matthew's room....not sure why it is just a square. Next column....decorate the desk and hutch...done. Finally go to Babcia's house (Polish for Grandmother). This is because I can't decide if I want to deal with a real tree again this year, or borrow one of her artificial trees (she has two and doesn't even put one up). So he was driving me batty yesterday to just go get the damn thing. I don't know though...may wait until next weekend and get a live tree. Except I hate needles! So, there you have it, my neurosis rubbing off on my son!

6 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

I wish some of mine would rub off on my daughter. Maybe she'd clean her room more often.

Great organized list he made. Hope you accomplish all of it.

10:51 AM  
Blogger onefootinfrontoftheother said...

Go for the real tree.... the Yankee candle scented like an evergreen just doesn't do it justice (and I know you're a candle freak like me) :)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I hope some of my clean neurosis rubs off on Maddie, for some reason I think she'll veer in the OPPOSITE direction just to spite me!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

That is so funny! I'm a lister to.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love you both.

Lists are the most fabulous thing ever.

I made a diagram of ornaments, lights and a tree and attempted to show my daughters how we were going to decorate the tree. They are more your jump-in-and-do-it-without-a-list-or-plan type girls though...

8:39 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home