Thursday, November 09, 2006

Priceless Picture of our Heroes:


The caption is a little hard to read, so here it is: Air Force Chief Master Sgt. John Gebhardt, of the 332nd Expedentiary Medical Group at Balad, Iraq, cradles a young girl as the sleep in the hospital. The girl's entire family was executed by insurgents; the killers shot her in the head as well. The girl received treatment at the U.S. military hospital in Balad, but cries and moans often. According to nurses at the facility, Gebhardt is the only one who can calm down the girl so he has spent the last several nights holding her while they both sleep in a chair.
God bless the soldiers.

5 Comments:

Blogger katertoter said...

Made me cry. I can't even imagine how I would feel if that were my child. Wish I could hug them both.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

That is amazing. I wish we could see more this kindness everywhere.

4:56 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

I love me some soldiers.

They don't put this stuff out there for the world to see-its sad. They should show the soldiers as they truly are-human beings with beating hearts.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

That is so sweet!

10:18 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I love this picture!

Hey, thanks for letting me know you were at my blog. I'm enjoying reading yours and getting to "know" you. :)

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home