Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pulling out my hair!



<------------This is exactly how I have felt all day. My son is driving me to drink..heavily! All day with the fresh mouth, name calling, destroying his room, pulling his sheets off the bed, tearing coloring books apart. Well, I resorted to something I hate, but after reading and reading and reading from a Christian based child rearing magazine....I followed their recommendations and resorted to spanking, which I hate. He would come out of his room and yell "I hate you, you dork!" I would calmly follow him back to his room and tell him it was unacceptable and swat his butt. This went on relentlessly. I stayed in his room for an hour tonight FORCING.HIM.TO.CLEAN.HIS.PIGSTYE! Every few seconds he would utter something fresh and I would pop him on the behind. But once it was almost clean? He starts saying, "Look how good I'm doing...I'm doing so good!" And was proud of his accomplishments. When is this going to get easier (Mom, stop laughing I can hear you 2000 miles away!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Mmmmm... Drinking.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I think that our sons must be sperated twins. Mine has been doing to same thing lately. If I hear "no way" again he is going to find himself on a lost highway all by himself!

6:47 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

OMG...it sucks at times being a parent doesn't it? My son is 14 and last year i smacked him in the mouth for the first time because of his smarting off. broke my heart. but sheesh where do they get that from? their fathers ya think? yeah me too. good luck...you're not alone!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Ummm it never does get easier. You just learn to close their door so you don't have to look at it.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Me said...

LOL... I just took a photo of Coffeekids room this morning. In all it's glory. I figure I'll look back 10 years from now and laugh. ;)


(But yes... I did make them pick up their rooms when they were small and I do make them clean them about once every 2 or 3 weeks now).

PS: Instilling the 1-2-3 rule works well once they know you WILL spank and you're not just blowing smoke. Give them to the count of 3 to stop doing the destructive behavior. If they don't, then you spank. It works wonders.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

I hear ya... I think 5 year olds should be banned.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home