Sunday, August 13, 2006

Animal Planet Expo 2006

We went to the Animal Planet Expo 2006 on Sunday...then headed to the lake. The Expo was, umm, interesting. Not what we expected, and overly crowded. Dogs and Cats were welcome on leashes, so Matthew had a good time seeing all the dogs and a few cats. Almost all the owners who saw him looking at their dog, or heard him say their dog was pretty would invite him to pet their dog, which he LOVED. I wish we could have pets, but as superintendents of the apartment complex, we would look seriously bad if we suddenly got an animal (and the owner would throw a hissy fit!) There were lots of individual booths, but everything, EVERYTHING had a LONG line. Matthew loved the Gator Bouncer and the regular Bounce House. We saw some exotic animals, and went through the Humane Society bus and saw some beautiful stray cats awaiting adoption (again, would have loved to bring them home!). Here are some pics of the day....if it is coming to your city, I would recommend it simply because it is free and the kids enjoy it. Had it been a charge to get in, I am not so sure I would recommend it!


Gator Bouncer and Slide...he loved this!

Entrance Sign


High Definition Theatre Event...hubby wants one

of their 50+ inch plasma TV's...dream on.


Entrance Arch


Entering the Gator Bouncer


Tunxis Plantation Country Club...adjacent to

the Farmington Polo Grounds where the Expo

was held.

Rock climbing wall....so totally lied to Matthew

and told him he had to be 7 to do this. I was not

ready to see my baby harnessed up and climbing!

These cute signs were at each bouncer to make

sure the kids entering were the same size. Big

kids one way, little kids another. They took turns

on which group went into the bouncer each time.

Build an Animal...he declared this to be for babies!

Humane Society bus...had lots of cute cats for adoption!

I also got brave and snapped my first ever fug! I don't have a camera phone, so I have never been brave enough to snap a pic with my regular camera. Today, I got lucky and in line for the bounce house found myself 2 people behind a great fug. I sucked it up and snapped 2 quick pics, so I will be able to play my first ever Fug Thursday this week. Oh boy, there were LOTS of fugable things, but only captured one. Can't wait. After the expo, we headed to Lake Hayward for a few hours with our friends. Matthew and Murphy had a great time swimming, and I relaxed in my comfy beach chair and read a book. Matthew was wiped out and was in bed by 8pm, unheard of for my little night owl! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger KC said...

looks and sounds like a fun(if not long) day. Glad you all had a good time

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Sounds neat. I really miss CT. I'm coming up there in a few weeks to see my friend, I can't wait.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

So cool!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Search engine positioning services libya Chrysler outboard used parts bmw Redhead bdsm side effects of wellbutrin free big cocks for mom Board bulletin levitra tadalafil Xenical what kind of food do u eat didrex online cod celexa price Automatic gates residential http://www.online-mba-degree-rumford-rhode-island.info Ativan cheapest Mobile home retail values

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home