Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Hate You.

Three little words. Hurt so much sometimes. Matthew has been home from school for about 6 hours now, and I can't count how many times he has told me he hates me since then. I am such a mean mom. I will not let him use his TV until he cleans his room. I will not let him use his DVD/VCR player in his room or the living room until he cleans his room. I will not let him play V-Smile video games until he cleans his room. I will not let him play Leap Pad until he cleans his room. I will not let him use his race track until he cleans his room. Such a mean mom! But I mean come on...the kid made a disaster area out of his room. He is 5 years old and knows how to clean his room and won't do it. Now he is in there and I am sure he has put him self to bed rather than clean, so the battle will resume in the morning. Oh the glory of THAT on my day off. Joy Joy. He is an absolute ANGEL at school they tell us and for the last 2 weeks has been a living nightmare at home. The power struggles we are having are the worst I have ever seen. Time outs are useless, he gets up and repeats the problem and ends right back up in time out. The pouting, whining, screaming have got to end. Must put some thought into this, any suggestions are more than welcome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Sorry I don't have any advice for you. I know my day is coming. ((Hugs))

11:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

No advice from me either, I just had to say that my little dude is 3 and he acts just like that! So you are not alone! Good luck!

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home