Sunday, April 02, 2006

STA School Fair!

Well, we had a long day today. Up bright and early to meet the sister-in-law and 2 neices at my MIL's by 8:30am to drop of Matthew and Jasmine (2.5years) to play for a few hours. Then SIL Roxy, Lexi (14 months) and I headed to the Gigantic tag sale to benefit Matthew's catholic school. Holy cannoli did we find some good stuff. I got a beautiful square white mirror with sports balls surrounding the mirror right inside the frame in practically new condition~~FOR $4!! Then two beautiful sports pictures for his room...two stick figures one playing football and one playing baseball for $3 each in beautiful red frames (his room is denim, red and light blue with soccer, baseball, football accents on the shams and other pillows). Got a HUGE metal basket that is perfect for our large family get together's to put rolls and bread in. And a beautiful cracker and cheese set in hunter green marbel and oak, BRAND new for $7. Throw in a few scattered holiday knick-knacks and it was a great haul.

Then we headed over to Target to pick up Easter stuff for the kids....I'm having everyone here this year and we are going to do an Easter egg hunt for the 3 younger ones (The older two are 8 and 11 so they can hide them!). Found some great bargains and picked up the James Blunt cd since I can't get his songs out of my head lately! God I love that man's voice!

Then after we stopped for lunch, we picked up Matthew and Jazzy and headed back to the school for the STA Boutique/Craft Fair and School Fair. The kids HAD.A.BALL in the Royal Jumper castle (spent almost 90 minutes in it). And we got to sit and talk and relax while they jumped and went down the slide! AHHHHHH. Then they spent a little time at the other booths...Jazzy got her face painted with a heart on each cheek. Matthew got an alien tattoo on his hand. Thank God neither of them one a goldfish at this one booth! YIKES. Then we headed home with 3 cranky, tired kids.

Matthew is feeling better, but still coughing and hacking away, so Thursday I got him a prescription for Robitussin with Codeine which doesn't really phase him too much. But, combined with the children's Nyquil (yes, I made sure that was safe) and he is finally getting a good nights sleep. So, we will do Sunday Six in the morning because when I asked him tonight I got attitude and he told me "Mommy, quit annoying me, why you always gotta annoy me? HUH?" Well then. Shot down by a 5 year old. Gotta love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home