Thursday, March 30, 2006

I.LOVE.OUR.PEDIATRICIAN!

Well, I posted on Tuesday that when I took Matthew to school he promptly puked all over the cafeteria floor on his way to his classroom so we did a 180 and returned home (of course he did this right in front of the school nurse! Made me feel like the world's worst mom...look she's dragging me to school and I am soooooo sick!). But seriously, it was just nasal congestion and he gagged on it. He has gotten more and more congested, so this morning I called up Dr. Z and she said bring him on in. When we got there our fav nurse took his temp as usual, low grade fever, no change from home, but he pulled away and said OWWWW. Broke her heart, I of course thought he was just playing and told him to cut it out. Stupid Mommy. He has bilateral ear infections. Nice. Hasn't had one for years, so why would he get one now? So, we started antibiotics tonight. His cough is hideous, sounds like he swallowed Tigger, Pooh and Eeyore and they are fighting to get out. So, Dr. Z is the best. She's all like, "Wellllll, Nyquil makes a children's version but they don't recommend it until the child is 6." She's of course giving me that look. "And?" I ask her. "If my daughter weighed 40 pounds and had just turned five, I would give her X amount and let her get a good, soothing, healing nights sleep." So, Matthew is in a nice drug induced soothing, healing, comforting sleep! And for the first time in 3 nights, I don't hear rabid dogs barking in his room waking him up every 5 minutes. Does this mean Mom and Dad might get a good nights sleep? Ahhhh, let's pray it's so. Goodnight all.
OH.CRAP. I just have to put this in. I can't let it go. So on our way back from the grocery/pharmacy....I.BLEW.A.FRICKIN.TIRE. First time in my life...just blew the sidewall right out of the tire. Man that sucker was loud...scared the crap out of little man (screamed like a girl! LOL) I think both of us did! So, I have NO idea how to change a flat (yeah, sorry Mr. Hermann I did NOT pay attention in Driver's Ed) so called hubby and some nice guy who lived right there came out and started helping me. He had it half changed by the time hubby drove half way across town. Thanks friendly tire changing guy! And, just to get under hubby's skin: Stop saying MY car sucks. At least my FOREIGN new car (or as you call it that damn German volkswagon) came with a FULL size spare...more than I can say about your car. At least the truck has a full size spare too. And I must say the Passat handled beautifully when the tire blew...no trouble what-so-ever handling it and pulling to safety! Thank you God. The groceries in the trunk didn't even tip over. OK. End of diatribe. Moral of story: If a tire blows...that sucker is loud...and heck there is no moral. Just that hubby is wrong, my car didn't suck. Nanana. :-) Oh yeah. And at least it was beautiful weather!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Huzzah huzzah for the stranger who helped you and hubby for coming to your rescue.

Maybe we should start a foreign car alliance? I was raised on US car and got nothing but screwed by them. My frist foreign was an Infiniti G20 and I never. Looked. Back.

And...there's nothing wrong with drugging your kid so you may both get some peace and rest. Hope the little bugger's ear are better soon!

2:48 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

hey- found your site on the from 'going to try the recipe I sent to 'mommygoingcrazy'. read through your recent post and can't say that Ive experienceda low yet either, so thanks for the tp on that! Thank goodness there are still "NICE" people in the world to change tires for a woman and child in distress! hehe....
anyhow- hope you don't mind be stoppin in! sounds as if you have a crazy family life as I do!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home