Thursday, March 23, 2006

Calling all Scrappers.......

Here is a close-up view of the paper selection I went with....trying to stick with the purple's and tan's as those were the wedding colors....as well as the beach sand.
Here is a shot of all the loot I purchased tonight....anything missing? Need all the help I can get as I embarked on this first scrapping journey....
Here is a shot of the embelishments, stickers, ribbons, post paper, alphabet stickers, flowers, etc that I grabbed. Joan Fabrics was having a great sale, got it all for $80.
So here is the deal. I need all of you blogger's help...at least the scrapbookers! I finally followed through on a promise to myself and signed up for a scrapathon for beginners to experts. It is a fundraiser at my son's school on April 8th for EIGHT hours (although I will have to leave a little early for a previously booked pampered chef party....priorities!!). I have wanted to begin scrapping since Matthew was born. It is now 5 years later and I have become terrified to begin. I am afraid to mess up. I am afraid I will hate the results. I know I won't. I just used my fear to keep me from starting. So, I decided instead of starting on a Matthew scrap book, I would do my very first scrapbook of our WEDDING. Tons of pics, and who really cares if some of the snapshots get cut up, messed up, whatever. It was years ago. Sad, huh....less sentimental value to those than the cute cuddly baby pics. After all, he is going to be our only child! One child=one infancy to photograph! So, if you can glance at those pics above and see what I am missing. I tried to buy whatever I thought I might need. The scrapathon will have a Creative Memories consultant at it, with all the goodies to try out or buy, but do you see any major thing jumping out at you that I am missing? I know I need some good markers...they were out of the ones I had my eyes on (I have two weeks to get them). So, give me suggestions ladies...hubby would just LOVE for me to spend MORE money on this! LOL. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Jamie

6 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

WHOA! Overload! Kidding. I'm just jealous.

From CM, I would definitely buy a corner rounder, the personal trimmer, and their cutting system. I've tried others, and they suck booty compared to the CM tools.

GOOD LUCK!! Have fun. You won't mess up.

Oh, and with your kid, just start from TODAY. Don't try to start from the beginning, or you will make yourself nuts. Just go back and catch up when you can.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

WOW ! You have lots of cool looking loot there ! My siggestions of what to get are your glue/adhesive - acid free of course, pens for journaling/writing etc- again acid free, a paper cutter 12 X 12 sizes, plain small scissors & a tool kit. Tell me more about this scrap a thon thingy- I would like to do one for my daughters school. email is steffi_chel@msn.com
Thanks for stopping by !

11:05 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Ok, I agree with what they said. I go to 6 hour scrapathons and get a lot done. It's in a really big store so I don't usually buy a lot ahead of time. If I do it's with a certain theme in mind. So I don't know how much help I'll be in seeing if you are missing anything. I just kind of make it up as I go!

Good luck! You're going to love it :)

11:52 PM  
Blogger MommyOutOfControl said...

Thanks guys! Kami, I just looked at that stuff on my gals CM site...cool, definately will get those, thanks. Steph, thanks. I emailed you more info about how they set it up as a fundraiser.
Football Widow, I know what you mean it would be easier in a store, but they will have lots on hand. I tried to get everything in the wedding theme I could think I would need, and then I will just return unopened things and exchange them for boy accessories so I can start the little man's next book. Kami, you are the 3 or 4th person to stay start with todays pictures, not from when he was a baby and work forward! I can see where starting at the birth would cause me to just give up! I will just start with a preschool book and go from there. I did buy a CM Plum 12x12 album that I will get at the scrapathon to use, so that will go nice with the purple papers. You guys are the best!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. I knew Kami would get here with some thoughts.

I, OTOH, scrap on solid color stock paper with stickers and one star-hole punch.

Am not the one to give any sort of advice, but I will oggle your beautiful paper and supplies for awhile...

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I've been scrapping for a few years now and was a CM consultant. I agree about the corner rounder, trimmer and cutting systems. They are awesome. (You may even score on ebay...shhhh!!) I also love their albums. Austin has TWO books for his first year alone. I agree with Kami again and say start with today and stay caught up and then go back and do the past. Good luck! We should chat sometime soon! ~ Your Arizona pal, Jenni

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home