Tuesday, April 11, 2006

8 hour Scrap-a-thon!!

Well, on Saturday we had our eight hour scrap-a-thon. We didn't have enough people sign up to have the fundraiser at the school, so they cancelled it. Bummer, right? Nahhhh. Melanie, the Creative Memories consultant/parent of a student who was setting it up knew there were a few of us moms who were really looking forward to it and invited us to her house for the eight hours!! How sweet was that? So, for the first 2 hours it turned out to be just myself and HER! She was great...showing me how to use the cutting system (which I so love), showing me different layout options, showing me different letters/stickers to use. I FELL IN LOVE! I am so addicted already. I could have spent a thousand dollars, but Melanie only let me spend $60. I booked a Creative Memories Party for April 29th, so she showed me the, shall we say smarts, of why to hold off buying everything I wanted that day and to wait for the party!

About 2 hours into the day another mom joined us, her son is in Matthew's preschool class and they have a great time playing together so it was nice meeting her too. She stayed for a few hours and left. One of Melanie's friends joined us for about an hour just to spend some time sorting pictures (daunting task I have ahead of me, too). Other than that, I had the entire eight hours alone with Melanie. She worked on her books (with four kids she has a tough task keeping up!), but she was the best. Whenever I needed help or had a question, she had no problem helping! I can't wait to get started on Matthew's first album! During those eight hours I started and completed my first ever scrap book....our wedding album. I will post pictures soon, but everyone at work LOVES it! It came naturally too me, luckily I have been artistic my entire life, so I think that helped! I will definitely admit to being addicted already. I went through the CM catalog and flagged everything my little heart desires....and for about $600 I would be pretty happy (and pretty divorced too!! LOL). So, I will have to start out slowly and get the most important things first....like the cutting system, the ovals, circles, etc...MMMM have you seen the new bubble maker?? AWESOME!!

I now know why all of you in the blog universe so love to scrap!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

He he. Yes it addictive. You should try candle and soap making. My husband gave me a budget of 25$ a month a Micheals.Or else I'd but everything!

7:50 PM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

WELCOME to the world of scrapbooking!!! it is quite addicting and way fun!!!!!

have a blast!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Timestep said...

Sounds like you had a great time. How fabulous that you ended up with so much one on one time. I went to a 24 hour scrap last weekend and had a blast.

I love doing scrap nights because you get to use all the fun tools but don't have to buy them!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Timestep said...

Oh, we played Sunday Six - let me know if you play and I'll check back.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

Helllloooooooo?

Pictures?

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home