Friday, June 02, 2006

Things I miss since moving across country...

I must be homesick because lately I keep thinking about all the things I miss the most since moving from Kansas to Connecticut in 1999. So, I thought if I listed them it might help. So, here goes:

1. My mom-who happens to be my best friend.
2. My stepdad-who can always make me laugh.
3. My brother Adam and SIL Jennifer.
4. My brother Michael-who just turned 16!
5. My dad and step-mother Kim.
6. My Grandpa Jim and Grandma Velda.
7. My Grandma Barb.
8. All my aunts and uncles...and there are A LOT of them!
9. All my cousins, and now there children too!
10. Dillards (we only have Filene's, so not the same!)
11. Sonic (yeah, I know...weird)
12. Wide open space
13. Nice big lakes
14. All my friends from high school
15. Strong thunderstorms...something so powerful about them
16. Brahm's
17. The ICU where I worked in Manhattan
18. K-State Football games
19. Going to the movies with my "little" brother
20. Hanging out with my parents
21. Pizza Hut Taco Pizza, they don't make it here
22. Hobby Lobby
23. My aunt Mary who is a hair dresser...can we say free haircuts and CHEAP highlights?
24. Seeing my cousins children grow up
25. The thought of not seeing my future neices/nephews grow up

OK, I guess that will do for now. I could go on and on. I hate being homesick. Don't get me wrong I love living on the east coast and could list dozens of reasons why, but those 25 reasons sometimes make me forget why I like it here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

(hugs)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

So now, you have to do a list of 25 things you like about where you are now. That's what I had to do...

:)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home