Thursday, June 22, 2006

Fav Summertime Salad Recipe

This is my all time fav summer recipe....alright, I make it at least once a month year round. Lately, once a week!

Weird Coleslaw

1 package chicken Ramen Noodles--uncooked
1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup oil (can use Canola, Veggie, or even Olive Oil)
8 oz package Broccoli Coleslaw Mix OR 12-16 oz Regular Coleslaw Mix (I prefer regular)
1/2 cup sliced almonds or sunflower seeds (great with a mix of both)
1/2-1 cup dried sweetened cranberries

1. Combine Flavor Packet from soup mix with Vinegar, oil and sugar and MIX well (works best to do ahead of time as it takes a while to blend)

2. Break up Ramen Noodles, Add to slaw, toss with sauce, garnish with Nuts and Cranberries.
Mix well.

3. Regrigerate at least 10 minutes before serving.

Even the picky boy eater here likes it! I take it to work for lunch all the time as it has the protein in it from the nuts and the cranberries are a little bonus pick me up (in fact have it ready to go right now for a 12 hour shift!)

~~~~

On a sad note, today is Matthew's last day of preschool. I am saddened that this school doesn't do a preschool graduation or anything. I am sending the camera to school with hubby to take some pics with the teachers and his favorite classmates....we shall see whether it actually gets done. He isn't too handy with the digital camera....easier to let me do all the picture taking I guess! Have a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That is my favorite recipe and I don't even have it! thanks I will make it this weekend.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home