Thursday, June 15, 2006

Father's Day Art Project, Neuro Appt, Etc...



Matthew brought this home today....wrapped and everything as a Father's Day gift. He couldn't wait to have Henry open it, so begged him to unwrap it. What a cute frame and picture!

So, I went to the neuro today as a 4 week follow-up. First, after stating in my last post that my headaches were getting better, I ended up spending 6 hours in the ER Wednesday night getting all kinds of IV drugs to stop a ferocious migraine. It ended up taking 12mg of Dilaudid, Phenergan, Benadryl, Toradol, Depakane, DHE, and Decadron. Can we so omg? I went to bed at 10pm last night and slept until noon today. Geez, but at least the headache was gone!

So, anyway on to the neuro today. We are weaning off Zonegran and starting Depakote. Increasing the Elavil from 50mg to 75mg because since decreasing it I am not sleeping very well anymore, and sleep is an important part of migraine prevention. We are dumping the Tylenol #3, the Vicoden ES and the Amerge as rescue meds. Instead: Percocet and Fioricet. I will stay on the Neurontin 900mg three times a day and continue the Lexapro. I am amazed that neurologically I am still stable on all these meds. My APRN today expected me to spike over head first during some of the testing, but it seems the meds aren't affecting me like that. So, I began the wean of the Zonegran and took my first dose of Depakote a few minutes ago. Hopefully all will go well. And I follow-up with the Neuro himself in 4 more weeks.

I am hoping to pick up some extra hours next week, to make some extra money. Things have been really tight here for a month or so while my hours were constantly being cut due to having so few patients. I am craving a shopping trip to Wiggles and Giggles to get some great scrapping supplies. They also have 7 hour crop nights on Saturday and Sunday every week. For $17 bucks you can crop till you drop, get free pizza and soda, and of course use their cropping tools. They have awesome supplies you can buy while there too if you need something. They have a good website to keep you up to date on any new products (gotta run over there soon...just got an email that they have new Cars paper, embellishments, etc...and the boy loves Cars even though he hasn't seen the movie yet!).

I am so addicted to the James Blunt CD right now that I am surprised my CD changer in the car hasn't gone on strike. And why is it that whenever I pull up to a busload of kids, or a mom and her little ones, it never fails that James will blurt out "She could see in my eyes that I was FUCKING high". Boy have I gotten some looks....come on people Beautiful is like a fab song I didn't stick that part in, roll up your windows if you don't want to hear it! LOL. I am so hooked on Tears and Rain also! Oh and Wiseman. OK the whole damn CD. Ok, enough rambling for tonight. Hope all is well with all my blogging friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

O
M
G

on the drugs. JEEBUS. Yikes, yikes, yikes. I so need to go see my neuro.

11:57 PM  
Blogger trisha said...

omg- i hope you feel better soon and you have a better week as we head into summer with kids out of school!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home